Beachside Books 2021!
Sitting by the B.E.A.C.H is definitely the Best Escape Anyone Can Have, and it can only be made better with a cool drink and book in hand.
Here's The Zubeida's perfect list of books to read on the beach this year!
1. People We Meet on Vacation by Emily Henry is the perfect friends to lovers trope and is a light and easy read. Poppy and Alex have been friends since college, despite being complete opposites! Poppy is the wild child while Alex prefers being indoors with a good book. 10 summer trips together and 2 years of not speaking... Poppy proposes one last summer holiday. One last chance to fall in love. This is the perfect book to carry around in your tote with easy-to-love characters who share a gentle relationship and great banter.
2. The Midnight Library by Matt Haig is a dazzling story that allows you to think a little more about life's choices. In between life and death is a library with an endless array of books that allow you to see where your life could have ended up if the decisions you made were different. The perfect story to read in a gentle, warm breeze to help you decide what makes life truly meaningful.
3. The Maidens by Alex Michaelides is perfect for you if you enjoy secret societies and murder! Convinced that one of the professors at Cambridge, Edward Fosca, is a murderer, former student and troubled group therapist Mariana Andros becomes quickly embroiled in her own investigation. What lengths will she go to prove that Fosca is the murderer once a second body is found?
4. Beneath a Starless Sky by Tessa Harris is set against a heart-wrenching backdrop of WW2 that takes you through Munich to Hollywood, London, Paris and Lisbon. A forbidden romance between a young army officer and a Jewish ballet dancer prompts her to puts on hold her Hollywood dreams... until her heart is broken. Eventually making it to Hollywood she dances to adoring audiences with Fred Alaistair. Surrounded by Nazi sympathisers, can Lilli guard her family while protecting the heir to the English throne?
5. Girl A by Abigail Dean is a psychological thriller following Lex Gracie whose mother has died in prison: leaving behind the family house. Known on the news as Girl A, the second oldest of five siblings who escaped her House of Horrors, she also freed the rest of her siblings. Ready to turn their personal House of Horrors into a force of good, they must all come together as siblings and come to terms with their shared childhood.
With the perfect blend of thriller, romance, and true stories, which book will you cart around our lush white sands first?!