Best Beachside Books 2022
Reading books by the beach is an entirely different and, dare we say it, a more relaxing experience.
Whether you're a lover of YA, Fiction, Horror or Thriller, here are our top-rated books for the beach this year!
1. Book Lovers by Emily Henry: two literary agents clash and come together repeatedly, breaking all the rules on coincidences. After all- what literary agents can argue against a good storyline?
2. The Book of Cold Cases by Simone St. James: two men are murdered, with strange notes left behind and the suspect, Beth Greer, is eventually proven innocent. Shea Collins is surprisingly granted an interview and makes her way to Beth's isolated mansion. But things aren't as they seem... items moving around, and a strange girl Shea keeps seeing. Who is in danger? An intriguing tale.
3. I'm Glad My Mom Died by Jennette McCurdy: an explosive (and hilarious) memoir by actress Jennette McCurdy outlines her complicated childhood, filled with eating disorders, doctor visits and an abusive mother. Riddled with dark humour, the memoir takes you on a journey of independence and strength.
4. Kaikeyi by Vaishnavi Patel: born in the kingdom of Kekaya, Kaikeyi is raised on the power, honour and benevolence of the gods. However, she helplessly watches her mother's banishment and her worth reduced to the strength of allegiance her marriage will bring to her nation. Finding some magic in the stories of her childhood, Kaikeyi uses that to turn into the favoured queen, diplomat and warrior. Follow a story of a woman choosing to be extraordinary in a land where men and gods rule.
5.The Light We Carry by Michelle Obama: sets out powerful strategies and is full of practical wisdom to help you stay balanced and hopeful in today’s volatile and uncertain world. Full of love and kindness this book guides you to create a community full of richness, harmony and to light up everything that we can with compassion and fearlessness.
6. The Secret To Happy by Vicky Pattison: Vicky brings humour and upliftment to her own stories of growing up in the public eye (as a television personality, model and fashion designer) and provides you with hard-won lessons in resilience, growth and self-love. She talks about various issues such as ending toxic relationships, moving past heartbreak and helping heal her mental health. A wonderful read to help you live the life you truly want.
7. Wingwalkers by Taylor Brown: a couple in love, performing daring, death-defying aerial stunts during the Great Depression. Fabulous adventure follows them, bringing together unexpected friendships and consequences.
Did you check out our 2021 best beach reads?
What book are you bringing to the beach this vacation?
Follow us on Facebook. Instagram, Twitter & LinkedIn: @TheZubeida.